Sign up for this six-hour workshop for an induction into Higher Education teaching and into working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at York.
There are four different Introduction to Teaching and Learning workshops: you should sign up for the one most relevant to your teaching responsibilities, on which your department will guide you.
- Facilitating seminars and discussion-based learning
- Facilitating practical and laboratory demonstrations
- Facilitating problem-solving sessions
- Supervising dissertations and projects
Each workshop consists of
- a 2-week self-study component (total approx. 5 hours) to complete before the
- webinar (1.5 hours).
How to book
If you are a new GTA, check with your GTA Coordinator/department which workshop you should sign up for.
Go to SkillsForge, search ‘Postgraduates who Teach’ and book onto the relevant Introduction to Teaching and Learning workshop.
Note: If the workshop you want is full or not available, please complete this Expression of Interest form; new dates will be added according to demand.
For any questions, please contact the Academic Practice Team at email@example.com.