At this workshop current and recently graduated international University of York PhD students will present a wide range of the tips and strategies they to succeed in their PhDs whilst adapting to life in the UK. This workshop will provide a space for the discussion of what a PhD is and is not, and how to get the most out of your international PhD experience personally and professionally.
Book here: http://bit.ly/International-PhD-Survival
The workshop has been developed and will be led by PhD students from across the University, who are happy to answer any questions that you might have about doing a PhD at York.
By the end of the session, participants will have:
- Gained awareness of what to expect during the PhD journey as an international student
- Acquired strategies for positive academic development
- Acquired knowledge about coping strategies of feeling like ‘a fish out of water’
- Acquired strategies for maintaining a healthy work/life balance and coping with
- Reflected upon the unique challenges that they might experience during their PhD as an international student
- Received information about developing skills and opportunities that can add value to the PhD experience
To book: http://bit.ly/International-PhD-Survival
If you have any questions about the workshop contact RETT (email@example.com) or Petronel Geyser, the student coordinating the event (Petronel.firstname.lastname@example.org).