Applications are now open to showcase your research at York Researchers’ Night (YorNight).
This family-friendly event, which has attracted audiences of up to 3,000 people in previous years, aims to:
- encourage young people to consider research as a career, and particularly to inspire young girls and women
- demonstrate how research improves our daily lives in a range of ways, and provides economic and societal benefits
- show that research is varied and unexpected, and that being a researcher is interesting
- convey the message to the public that researchers are everywhere, not just in the most obvious places eg laboratories
Send your proposals for:
- engaging, family-friendly, hands-on activities that explain your research to the public
- short, 15-minute talks explaining your research in an accessible way.
- 8-minute long science cabaret acts (story-telling, music, comedy, performance, art etc)
The event is at York Barbican on Saturday 8 February 2020. Applications must be received by 12 midnight on Wednesday 13 November.