Global Partnerships are seeking a postgraduate research student to assist with research and general support in a range of areas relating to the University of York’s international engagement.
The successful applicant will have strong research and organisational skills, as well as a keen attention to detail. This is an opportunity to obtain experience working in international relations, diplomacy and research support. The position offers a flexible working arrangement to avoid conflicting with your academic commitments. The post-holder will work under the direction of the Global Partnerships team on a range of international projects.
Tasks will include research into, and mapping of, the University’s links in key countries and regions worldwide, together with logistical support for incoming and outgoing visits, such as the preparation of high-quality briefing materials for senior members of staff, and detailed post-visit reports.
Applicants must have:
- Strong desk-based research skills and a methodical approach
- The ability to identify and interpret key information using a range of data sources
- Keen attention to detail, especially in logistics and written briefings, including proof-reading
- Very high quality writing skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google Document skills
- An interest in international work, current affairs
- Experience of working in an office environment
This is a part-time role (10 hrs per week), initially for the months of April – June with the possibility for extension. The successful applicant will receive a salary of £8.24 per hour.
Deadline for applications: 12pm, Friday 20 March 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 26 March 2020
Candidates must be available to start ASAP.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com