The Newton-Bhabha Fund is offering the opportunity for UK and Indian PhD scholars to spend a period of their study (up to two to four months) in Indian and UK higher education institutions, to take place between April 2021 and December 2021.
The aims of the programme are:
- Develop individual capacity through international training and development opportunities.
- Increase the number of highly trained researchers in the UK and India with international experience, able to contribute to the absorptive capacity for research and innovation and thus bring about economic and social benefits.
- Build cultural understanding and foster long-term sustainable research collaborations.
- Develop international joint training pathways.
- Increase awareness of the research strengths of the UK and India.
- Visa fees, economy class international airfares and overseas travel insurance incurred by PhD scholars.
- In-country costs including accommodation and a stipend for PhD scholars
- Bench fees (if applied for) by UK host university
Application deadline: 16 August 2020