The International Student Support Team are now recruiting enthusiastic, sociable and highly self-motivated individuals to become Welcome Team members assisting with airport collection from Manchester Airport and the welcome period. The role includes the following activities:
- Collecting new international students from the airport
- Escorting new arrivals on campus
- Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) events
- Evening social events
- Helping with Police registration
Airport collection is expected to run on several days in September and welcome events begin Monday 21 September and run through to Friday 2 October. You will be required to attend a paid online Zoom training session on Tuesday 1 September at 2pm.
Welcome Team members must possess the following qualities:
- A warm, friendly and helpful attitude
- Reliability, punctuality and enthusiasm
- A willingness to participate fully in all tasks and activities
- Accepting of different nationalities, cultures, faiths and lifestyles
- Confidence to initiate conversations with people who might feel shy, lonely, homesick or nervous
- Confident problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative
You will be paid £8.20 per hour (£8.72 per hour if aged 25 or older) or £8.88 per hour if selected as a Team Leader.
This is an opportunity to add skills to your CV, including demonstrating problem solving and using initiative, team working, team leading, as well as developing communication and time management skills.
Application deadline: 11.59pm on Sunday 16 August 2020
These vacancies are open to all students, both UK and international. Welcome Team members are pivotal in providing new students with a positive experience on arrival at the University, so only applicants who demonstrate that they have the required skills and commitment are invited to interview. Applications containing spelling mistakes, unanswered questions and irrelevant supporting information will not be considered.
Any questions? Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org