In conjunction with the University Learning & Teaching (L&T) Conference, the Academic Skills Community is offering a series of three workshops designed to help you engage with and prepare for the 2021 conference.
Over three online sessions, you will have the opportunity to work closely with experts, who will offer advice on:
- How to write a conference proposal
- How to create an online poster
- How to put together and deliver an online presentation
1. An introduction to the L&T Conference and Proposal Writing
Friday 7 May
10.30 – 11.30am
This one hour workshop will tell you all you need to know about the L&T conference, from outlining the different sessions you can apply to do, to exploring how participating in the conference can help your study and career. It will also address the questions: What is a call for papers/proposals and how does it work? What is the L&T conference looking for in a proposal?
2. Designing online poster presentations
Thursday 10 June
10.30 – 11.15am
This 45 minute workshop will introduce you different ways of designing/putting together an online poster presentation by focusing on areas such as:
- What should a good poster do?
- Tips for designing poster presentations
- Useful technology for putting together poster presentations
3. How to put together and deliver a powerful online presentations
Thursday 17 June
10.30 – 11.30am
This one-hour workshop will focus on the following areas:
• The structure and language of presentations
• Tips on delivering presentations online
• Designing good slides – the dos & don’t
• Making slides accessible & interactive