Learn how to create a bibliographic database, insert citations and create a bibliography.
Wednesday 26 May 2021
This Research Excellence Training Team (RETT) course will cover importing references to EndNote, searching online databases, and retrieving references from journals, databases and the Library catalogue. We will look at how to organise references in EndNote and inserting references from EndNote into Word.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Create a bibliographic database
- Collect references from online databases, catalogues and search engines
- Organise references within EndNote
- Work with Groups to organise references
- Insert citations and a bibliography into Word documents
Note: This session is for researchers and PhD students who need to work with large quantities of bibliographic references – for example, those completing an extensive literature review or systematic review. If you are working with a smaller quantity of references you may wish to consider attending the general Reference Management training as this is a free software whereas EndNote X9 is a paid for software that is only available on Networked PCs.