The EPSRC has launched a ‘have your say’ campaign relating to race equality. This follows on from the recent launch of their race equality initiative and publication of their detailed ethnicity data analysis.
This engagement will enable them to build knowledge and gather insights to better understand the factors that influence the inclusion of Black, Asian and ethnic minority researchers and doctoral students in their portfolio, as well as the challenges colleagues from ethnic minority backgrounds encounter as they progress their research careers.
The community engagement aims to explore:
- the barriers doctoral students from ethnic minority backgrounds may face when accessing doctoral studies
- the attractiveness of a transition to an academic career for people from an ethnic minority background
- the challenges facing ethnic minority researchers as they progress their research careers
- the experiences of ethnic minority researchers when accessing and securing research funding
- the effectiveness of current interventions and support for ethnic minority researchers – particularly in relation to recruitment, career progression, enabling greater inclusion and addressing bias and prejudice.
There are three surveys open aimed at doctoral students, postdoctoral researchers and academic researchers. The surveys are open to all regardless of whether or not you are supported by EPSRC.
Deadline for survey completion is Monday 24 May 2021.