Before you can teach, you will need to complete our Introduction to Teaching and Learning course. This allows you to acquire the knowledge and skills to establish yourself as a confident, enthusiastic and effective teacher and is an induction into Higher Education teaching and into working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at York.
Led by Academic Practice, there are three different Introduction to Teaching and Learning workshops:
- Facilitating seminars and discussion-based learning
- Facilitating practical and laboratory demonstrations
- Facilitating problem-solving sessions
Each workshop consists of
- a two-week self-study component (total approx. 6 hours) to complete before the
- in-person seminar (1.5 hours).
For more information, including which workshop to complete, visit the Introduction to Teaching and Learning web page.