The Maths Skills Centre is recruiting PhD researchers working across all disciplines to teach.
You must have:
- a good first degree in a subject with a large mathematical or statistical content
- a good grounding in first-year undergraduate Mathematics and/or Probability and Statistical Theory
- a good level of digital literacy – with knowledge of Statistical software- e.g. SPSS or R
- the ability to encourage and develop understanding through alternative approaches to problem solving
- the ability to direct students how to use the Centre’s resources.
Tutors are not expected to be experts in all aspects of Maths or Statistics. Students often find it more helpful to talk through their initial approach to a problem or to be guided towards suitable resources on the initial steps towards a solution, rather than to be offered a complete worked solution. They are particularly interested in PhD students with experience in statistical methods and research methodology.
Application deadline: Friday 4 March 2022