Deadline: 12 noon, Friday 8 April 2022
Every year, the Cumberland Lodge Fellowship gives 10 doctoral students the opportunity to get involved in the work of Cumberland Lodge; bringing together people from different backgrounds, ages, and perspectives, to address the causes and effects of social division and work towards more open and inclusive societies.
During the two-year scheme, Fellows have the chance to network with senior figures in public life and to participate in, or help to lead, discussions that ultimately inform recommendations for practical action and policy change. Fellows also have opportunities to take part in Programme events outside their own academic disciplines. In doing so, they will gain experience in working collaboratively; engaging in cross-disciplinary discussion; public engagement and facilitation at events; networking; writing for a range of different audiences; and enjoy access to a £300 Personal Development Grant.
The Fellowships fit around the demands of doctoral research. They are open to students of any age who are enrolled on a doctoral programme within the UK. Meals, accommodation and standard economy return travel are provided but there is no contribution towards tuition or maintenance costs.
- have at least two years left to complete their PhD (completion not before June 2024)
- be studying at a UK university
- provide two referees (one academic, one non-academic)
- be able to attend the residential Fellows’ Retreat at Cumberland Lodge on 9-11 September 2022.
All types of doctoral candidates are eligible to apply, including full-time, part-time and those on non-traditional pathways and professional doctorate programmes. Since 2014, a total of 66 students have enjoyed/are currently enjoying the benefits of this programme.
Full information about the scheme and how to apply can be found on the Cumberland Lodge Fellowships webpage, which includes:
- The application form, to be returned to Cumberland Lodge by 12 noon on Friday 8 April 2022
- The application pack, containing further information about the scheme.