Monday 11 April 2022, 9:30-16:30, LMB/002
Join the British Sociological Association (BSA) for a day to support Postgraduate research students working in the following fields around Veganism and Vegetarianism. Offering the chance for PGRs to share ideas in a supportive and friendly environment, the day also offers an important opportunity to network in these fields.
Keynote speaker: Dr Corey Wrenn (University of Kent, International Association of Vegan Sociologists, American Sociological Association, The Vegan Society, Student Journal of Vegan Sociology, The Sociology Quarterly, Society & Animals.)
Deadline for abstract submission – 7 March 2022. The BSA are welcoming abstracts from PGRs who feel their research fits within one or more of the following themes:
- Veganism and/or Vegetarianism as lifestyle choice(s)
- Veganism and/or Vegetarianism as social movement(s)
- Social change and corresponding changes vis-a-vis Veganism and/or Vegetarianism
- Changes in farming, business practices and manufacturing in response to the above,
- Animal and human interactions
Programme announced and general registration open – 14 March 2022
- British Sociological Member – £5
- Non-member – £15
- Vegan lunch and refreshments are included throughout the day. Please email Lyndsey Kramer (below) if you have any food allergies.
For more information on the event, or to submit an abstract, please contact Lyndsey Kramer, Department of Sociology: firstname.lastname@example.org.