Please find below an update of the Academic Skills provision in Autumn term:
Useful online Practical Guides
- Academic writing provides advice and guidance on all aspects of academic writing.
- Referencing Style Guide contains advice and examples of referencing styles.
- Maths Skills Centre has resources on statistical analysis, maths topics, guidance on choosing statistical tests and numerical reasoning.
- The Academic Skills Community offers a free schedule of workshops open to all.
- Statistics Workshops – details on the Maths Skills Centre Practical Guide
- Full workshop list is also found on the Digital Skills Training guide.
The Library’s new Creativity Lab is holding workshops on how to use 3D printers and Virtual Reality – whether you want to make something for a project or just want to have a go, come to our workshops.
Thur 3 Nov, 2-4pm (Creativity Lab LFA/103, Harry Fairhurst Building) – Introduction to Virtual Reality
Wed 30 Nov, 2.30-4.30pm (online) – Developing digital projects and getting started with 3D and VR
One to one appointments
Writing Centre – guidance on academic writing
Study Coaching – discuss successful study strategies and skills
- A guide to statistical analysis, maths topics, guidance on choosing statistical tests and numerical reasoning.
- Workshops on Numerical Reasoning, SPSS, STATA and RStudio – see forthcoming training sessions.
- The Essential Spreadsheets practical guide is a great resource.
- We also have a practical guide all about coding.
- Working with data can be tricky, but this working with data guide will help you out.
- We also offer free, confidential 1-to-1 appointments with a specialist tutor if you need statistics advice (these can be in person or online).
- (Can’t book or find a suitable time? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your available times and we will try to help.)