So, you’ve got your offers from various universities and now comes the task of choosing which one you will be spending the next three or four (or more) years of your life at. It’s a big decision, a life changing one in fact. But that doesn’t mean it has to be difficult. Just make sure you weigh up the options!
My job is to help you guys with this. As a student at the University of York, I would be mad not to try and persuade you to study here!
Here are a few reasons to choose York!
- As you may or may not already be aware, the University of York opened the brand new Environment Building this year. The building itself is truly amazing. It has features such as a living green wall and state of the art labs.
- The flexibility within the course and modules is great. In the first year, everyone does the same modules, but in the second and third year you get much more choice on which modules you can to study!
- The Environment Department houses the York Stockholm Environment Institute, an ‘independent, international research organisation committed to the implementation of practices supportive of global sustainable development’.
- If you’ve already been to the University of York on an open day, you’ll notice how green the campus is and how pretty the lake can look! From the summer to the winter the campus looks pretty through out.
- The collegiate system at York is great. It allows you to have a ‘family’ at university, with events happening with in the college as well as university wide.
For me, the most important thing at York has been the community. You always feel like you’re part of a family.
In choosing a university, my advice would be for you to check out everything about the course that you’re going to be studying, not just the university of choice! Make sure you look into options such as studying abroad, second and third year modules and opportunities for years in industry. Environment at York is great for all of these things, but don’t just take my word for it check out the website and see for yourself! 🙂